Info USA Daugavpils” or the U.S. Information Center is a partnership between the Public Affairs Office of the U.S. Embassy in Latvia and the Latgale Central Library.
At present, there are more than 200 such centers worldwide. Daugavpils is the second city in Latvia to open such a center. The first was „Info USA Liepaja” opened in February, 2005.
The mission of the center is to promote mutual understanding between the United States of America and Latvia by providing information about the United States and serving as a focal point for American cultural and educational programs.
Visitors are offered a wide variety of books on U.S. history, geography, law, education, culture and art, business, U.S. domestic and foreign policy. Fiction books, periodicals, videos, DVDs are available to everyone as is access to the Internet. The Center organizes and host lectures on various topics as well as seminars, meetings with U.S. Embassy staff, film screenings, and exhibitions.
If you want to:
• read books and magazines, or watch DVDs in English;
• know more about the USA history and traditions;
• attend free English classes;
• know more about the education possibilities or visas;
• get books on TOEFL, GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEIC;
• participate in our programs;
• take part in our contests and win nice presents;
WELCOME TO “INFO USA DAUGAVPILS”!
Access to the „Info USA Daugavpils” collection and services is free and open to all interested visitors.